Monday, December 21, 2009

New Job Today and First Day of Winter



Started my new job this morning at the storage facility 1.9 miles down the road. This is the shortest commute I've ever had. Based upon what I did today it should be a pretty decent job. Three days a week for a total of 24 hours. I like the two people I'll work with (the manager and the kid that handles the U-Haul rentals and drives the golf car around the facility) and it does require some thinking,cash handling and computer work. It pays about 2 dollars an hour more than most jobs I've seen down here.

I'm still looking for that perfect "work from home/telecommute" position...Randy, I'll always remember your comment about how great it is to "commute" to work in your P.J's every day and walk across the hall to your computer. Suggestions welcome. (I mean job suggestions not styles of my jammy pants)

Weather down here is kind of cool and overcast...60's... Happy First Day of Winter..glad we're not on the East Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment