Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sightseeing

The Valley from a lookout on Hwy 74.San Bernadino or San Jacintos..not sure

I took a drive about 20 miles up Hwy 74 this morning. The road is a twisty,curvy 2 laner that goes into the mountains to Idyllwild and eventually San Diego. The people in the car in front of me (Illinois plates) took the ICY sign seriously and slowed to about 20 miles per hour. Trust me, at a  2000 foot elevation and 75 degrees there is NO ICE. This road would be seriously fun in a sports car and without the Illinoisians (?) in front.

I stopped at the San Jacinto and Santa Rosa Mountains National Monument Visitors Center which is where the Wildflower Festival will be held March 6. I thought about taking one of the short trails to see if I could spot any Bighorn sheep but apparently they share their favorite grazing area with rattlesnakes (according to the signs) so I changed my mind.

Off to the pool. It's sunny,warm and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment